Thursday, February 13, 2014

Recipe - Quesadilla Waffle aka Pinterest....You're a Bad Enabler!

So who else spends A LOT of time finding all sorts of things on Pinterest??? I'm definitely guilty of that! Most of my pins seem to be recipes or crafts. I've been on a cooking kick recently so I've had several food posts to kick-off this blog.

I've pinned several ideas on using a waffle maker for non-waffle uses. On impulse one day at Wal-Mart I picked up a cheap waffle maker. I'm easily influenced I guess :-)

Before trying any ideas or recipes, I first skimmed through the owner's manual and promptly ignored the following warning:




I decided to try something simple first and thought a quesadilla would be a good start. I took two Carb Balance flour tortillas and spread a thin layer of Chipotle Mayo on both. Added about a serving of fiesta blend cheese to one and put that on the waffle maker. Added the second tortilla and closed the lid. After a few minutes I had a nice melty and crispy quesadilla. Plus, I had built-in lines on where to cut it into pieces. Success!




I served the cheese quesadilla with steamed veggies and Tex-Mex potatoes. The potatoes were another Pinterest find and the original recipe can be found here. I made a couple changes to the recipe. I used Mrs. Dash Taco Seasoning to cut down on the sodium content. I also used Light Ranch Dressing. Finally, I tossed about 4 green onions in prior to cooking and then sprinkled more at the end....I like green onions :-) This was an easy to prep, tasty recipe that I will make again.






No comments:

Post a Comment